What should you do if someone you know is having a bad trip? MAPS.org created a safety video with tips on what to do if someone is having a difficult psychedelic experience.
- Create a safe space that is quiet, warm, and comfortable
- Sit with the person but do not lead the person away from their experience
- Staying calm will make it easier to create a trusting environment
- Talk the person through the experience; don’t talk down
- Try to help the person connect with what he or she is feeling
- Difficult is not necessarily ‘bad’- it’s important to allow the person to explore all emotions, not just fun ones
Watch the MAPS.org safety video here: