“Heavy metal toxicity — from metals such as mercury, aluminum, copper, cadmium, nickel, arsenic, and lead — represents one of the greatest threats to our health and well-being.” — Anthony William, author of Medical Medium: Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal
Every person has been exposed to heavy metals throughout their lives, often on a daily basis, thus toxicity due to accumulation of heavy metals in the body has become very common.
These accumulated metals, that are burrowed deep inside the body’s tissues, pose a significant threat to your health. Their presence puts immense stress on the human body, slowly poisoning the body, damaging the body’s organs, and weakening the immune support system.
Fortunately, it is quite easy and inexpensive to cleanse your body of heavy metals by adding certain supplemental foods to your diet. Similar to chelation therapy, a medical procedure that involves the administration of often-synthetic chelating agents that will bond with heavy metals in the body and remove them, these foods also electrically attract and bond with metals, but not the beneficial nutrients, and help eliminate them out of the body.
The following are six simple foods that will likely reduce heavy metals toxicity in your body:
1. Spirulina is an edible blue-green algae. It is known for its distinctive green color and strong odor. It delivers a strong dose of protein, all eight of the essential amino acids, iron, folic acid, B vitamins, selenium, and manganese, resulting in strong therapeutic benefits. Spirulina can be effective in removing heavy metals from the nervous system and the liver.
Organic Spirulina Powder GMO-free from NuSci
Organic Spirulina 500mg Tablets from NOW Foods
2. Chlorella is a solid green-colored form of algae. Although it is a little harder to digest than spirulina, chlorella is known to be effective in removing heavy metals for just this reason. Chlorella’s cell walls are very tough and often cannot be fully digested, and it is these cell walls that bind to toxins in your body in order to eliminate them.
Natural Chlorella Supplement from Nature Bound
Organic Chlorella Powder (Cracked Cell Walls) from Starwest Botanicals
3. Atlantic dulse is edible seaweed that binds to metals such as aluminum (which is extremely prevalent in the food industry), mercury, lead, copper, and nickel. This seaweed works in the digestive tract all the way through the colon to seek out and bind with toxic heavy metals, without releasing them back into the body.
Dulse Flakes – Certified Organic Sea Vegetables from Maine Coast Sea Vegetables
Nova Scotia Dulse Caps from Swanson Premium
4. Barley grass juice powder is not a very common food, but it does help address heavy metal toxicity in the various parts of the digestive system and the reproductive organs. If coupled with spirulina, barley grass juice powder can be even more effective.
Barley Grass Juice Powder from Pure Synergy Organics
5. Edible wild plants dandelion and milk thistle both cleanse the blood vessels and improve the functionality of the liver, which is an important organ when it comes to eliminating impurities from the body.
Organic Dandelion Root Loose Tea from Starwest Botanicals
Organic Milk Thistle Dietary Supplement from Genceutic Naturals
6. Ginger is one of the healthiest plants on earth. In addition to improving digestion and reducing inflammation in the body, ginger root supports kidney function. The kidneys play an important role in the body’s elimination process and are often one of the first targets of heavy metals toxicity, so they need ginger’s extra power boost.
Fresh organic ginger root
Organic Ginger Root Supplement from Solaray
Ginger Root Powder Organic from Starwest Botanicals
In ancient Chinese medicine, it is believed that spring is one of the best times of the year to focus on clearing any impurities that have become embedded in the body, such as heavy metals. But you do not have to wait until spring. With these six food supplements, cleansing the body of accumulated heavy metals has never been easier during any season.
Anna Hunt is a staff writer for WakingTimes.com and an entrepreneur with over a decade of experience in research and editorial writing. She and her husband run a preparedness e-store outlet at www.offgridoutpost.com, offering GMO-free storable food and emergency kits. Anna is also a certified Hatha yoga instructor. She enjoys raising her children and being a voice for optimal human health and wellness. Read more of her excellent articles here. Visit her essential oils store here.
This article (6 Potent Superfoods to Detox Heavy Metals from Your Body and Mind) was originally created and published by Waking Times and is published here under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Anna Hunt and WakingTimes.com. It may be re-posted freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this copyright statement.